Sweet Bohemian Nights


This was previously published in my other blog, which I have already deleted, and I want to repost this as this is one of my favorite events. This event happened in April 2010. This is by the way post #50. Hooray!

If I cannot cook or bake it, I buy it. 

And if I can’t afford it, attend a free tasting party!

The  best things in life always comes with a price. But what if it’s free? Consider yourself lucky!
That’s how felt when I was given the opportunity to have a taste of heaven (literally speaking) when I joined in the product sampling of La Patisserie de Clementine of Japan here in Manila. For three nights, I was able to eat all the Nico Nico cheese cake.It was sort of like a "family affair", with me, my brother, cousins and aunt, wife of the owner all worked together to make this a success. We had to, the booth costs a lot! Because it was in the high-end district, the registration was about P15,000 per night more or less. But I think it was worth it, because the neighbors were Kris Aquino's (yes, the ever annoying President's sister) celebrity bazaar.

La Patisserie joined the Bohemian-style market at The Fort and people were given the chance to sample the company’s best-selling products like the melts-in-your mouth Nico-nico cheesecake (Japanese cheesecake), delightful macarons , rich chocolat and  the delectable confitures. People lined up to have a taste of French pastries and goodies.. Local celebrities were also present at the event and were just as delighted. 


Spotted were Ms. Tessa Prieto-Valdez, Serena Dalrymple, Former Bb. Pilipinas-Universe Abbygale Arenas-de Leon and husband celebrity photographer Jun de Leon among others.

Simultaneously, there was a mini concert featuring bohemian artists. Firedancers awed the crowd with their "hot" dance.:) And there was also a non-stop showing of Indie films (independent filmakers).

 And oh, yes, the chef is Japanese.

La Patisserie de Clementine is one of Japan’s renowned pastry shops. People line up in their counters  for their sweet treats. Located in Narita , they offer different cakes and goodies for different occasions. Chef/owner Osamu Morishita is a success story.

 We had the opportunity to introduce a different product, one that can only be found in high-end establishments such as The Fort, Serendra and Greenbelt 5.

Below are some of the highlights of the Bohemian night market.




0 comments

Articles Featured on

Articles Featured on

Ads