A Time to List : A New Year's Post

It’s that time again for making new goals, resolutions, intentions or whatever you call it. I am not in the habit of making one for the sake of sticking to some sort of a plan, but I make it for the sake of making one, because it’s New Year’s.  And because I have this notion that resolutions are made to be broken. Or am I the only one who really had a hard time following through.

pixabay.com


A quick throwback to a year ago, I blogged about my essentials for 2014. And…well, what’d you know, I was able to fulfill at least about half of that. I was able to travel (for free although locally), I was able to continue writing, through this blog, and some others that I maintain, learn a skill /gain knowledge (getting ADWORDS Certified by Google), attended the most number of seminars and workshops I ever did in my entire life, and I was able to earn more through freelance projects and also with my ongoing online job.

The thing that I wasn’t able to do though is.. to find love.I’m not complaining  because it is not a priority. I am contented with how much my children love me and I do not feel empty.And if ever someone does find me, then it's just a bonus for being a good girl. Sure there are nights that can get lonely, but I see it as an invitation from God to communicate with Him. So I pray and talk to Him instead and my loneliness just disappears.

The other thing was having the freedom to do things my way. I unintentionally got myself tied up with something that demanded more time from me than I initially thought it would. But it provided me with the free travels, although locally, and it gave me a bit of a sense of security of having health insurance and other benefits.  And I was put in a situation, that I needed to produce results because the position was given to me and that I felt pressured because I wanted to prove that I was worthy of that.

It was also a year full of emotional highs and lows, as I was getting used to the idea that I am now officially a single mom. I've been single for quite some time, but the idea didn't really stuck with me yet because I was still emotionally attached to him and there will always be that common interest, our kids. And if that wasn’t enough, this year, I also found out that our “extended family” is growing. Both my exes had new babies. Not a big deal I thought, until one of them told me he couldn’t give more than the support he was giving my children because he got a new baby to feed. Oh well. 2014 indeed was one hell of an emotional roller coaster ride!



So, for 2015, I just wanted almost the same things, plus I am planning to start living healthier and simpler.  I still want to write some more, travel more ( international travels) and earn more of course. God has never fallen short of blessing me. And also I promise to do something more for myself.

  • -          To work on a new business venture (mostly online)
  • -          To work more diligently on both my existing jobs
  • -          To continue learning ( I enrolled in a verified online course in Psychology through Coursera)
  • -          To continue creating great content for my blogs
  • -          To be able to go on trips more this time either by myself or with my family
  • -          My ultimate goal is to spend a holiday vacation with my family either locally or in an international destination come Christmas 2015
  • -     To start a health regimen.
  • -          To help Mr. Right find me.


What about you? Have you made your Resolutions?

Allow me to share this poem that should resonate most of what our resolutions for 2015:


To laugh often and much; 

To win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; 

To earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; 

To appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; 

To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; 

To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. 

This is to have succeeded


-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lastly, here is a piece of another important advice that should be in your list of resolutions: 


Do something that makes you feel alive.








Still keeping the faith? 

Lets,

Mei

0 comments

Articles Featured on

Articles Featured on

Ads