Real Love According to Carrie B.

I have always wanted to write about love. I'm not an expert, all I can say and write about it would be coming from my own experience, and of course, from books and the internet. But then it would be something sad as always.

When I start to write about love, I always end up staring blankly at my computer screen and start grasping for words that would best describe how to describe what my idea of love is. Most of the time, I would end up shutting down my mind and letting go of the idea. There would be days that I would be able to find the words to explain what love to me is, but then that would be a very inspiring day for me. That, or I just got lucky.


Tonight is another lucky night for me. As I was digging my mind for some inspiration, I suddenly remembered my favorite show Sex and the City. I remember Sarah Jessica Parker's character Carrie Bradshaw, delivered witty lines and memorable quotes about love and sex. So I searched for some and I got this. And I like this particular quote because this is exactly what I am feeling right now. And this is exactly how I think love should be.

" I am someone who is looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, cant-live-without-each-other love." -Carrie 

Carrie dear, you are not alone. My sentiments exactly. Me and a hundred or probably a thousand more.

But just reading that quote doesn't give justice to the passion and the longing Carrie felt so here's the clip to make you emphatize and understand what I mean.


 I think there is nothing wrong with falling in love madly it becomes all-consuming. People in love can go anywhere from being spaced out (staring blankly into the sky with dreamy eyes) to being a superhero or superheroine, sometimes ridiculous, for doing things they would not normally do.

That is the kind of love most women are looking for. This I think, is the idea of what love is in  every woman's mind.

But can such ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each other kind of love exist in the real world? Or does it exist only in the pages of a Harlequin Romance pocketbook? Even in Carrie Bradshaw's world, it seems that she too had her shares of challenges to finding real love.

There's really no guarantee that we will have the kind of love we want when we enter into a relationship with someone. What's guaranteed is that you'll have fun, in the first early weeks of the relationship , at least. If it doesn't then I don't think there's any reason for you to be in it in the first place.

Love is supposed to be that way, plus a couple of other things. Either that or forget about the idea of being in love. When you love, you also commit to loving and with the other things that comes with it. I don't think you can love without committing. And I'm not even talking about marriage yet, which requires more than those mentioned.

Unfortunately, it's not easy to find that kind of love. Even Carrie, with her expertise and goddess-like persona,she still had to look for that one man who can give her what she wanted in love. So, for ordinary women like you and me, that man won't magically drop down from the sky straight into our arms.

There really is no such thing as perfect love. Loving has its own set of challenges and that it is up to the couple if they are up to the challenge of going through the inconveniences, the ridiculousness, and the madness.

As a bonus, I have picked out my Top 20 Carrie Bradshaw Quotes. Click link below:



http://thetwentylists.wordpress.com/2013/08/18/my-top-20-carrie-bradshaw-quotes/


Keeping the faith,



1 comment

Articles Featured on

Articles Featured on

Ads