Songs for the Rehabilitating Love Addict



Falling in love is never easy. but we all want it. Many people will do anything to hold on to it, sometimes losing their hearts and their minds. Tsk.Tsk.

But who am I to judge? It happened to me more than once.





Love is a wonderful feeling, and it can be so addicting! Because when we are in love, it somehow gives us some sort of a power, of being invincible. And this is a feeling that we all wanted to feel so much.

I am a self-confessed love addict. Or was. I learned my lessons in love the hard way and I am still in the process of rehabilitation a.k.a. moving on..I thought that I couldn't live without someone to love and love me in return. Boy was I wrong! But sometimes, no matter how many times I failed in my love relationships, or felt stupid,still I want to go back to the feeling. And there are times more than once that I wanted to feel the rush of adrenaline, that heady, giddy feeling of being in the presence of your amore.

So just like any addict, I craved for these feelings and have me throw all my cares to the wind.

But that was a long time ago. I am now starting to rehabilitate myself. But, I still get my relapses. You can't really go cold turkey on love, can you?  If only for the feeling, I divert my emotions to something manageable, like doing different thing yet gives me the same results. And that is listening to music.



Music is the language of the soul, and it is the best way to convey your expression of love.

Lately, I've been reintroduced to my inner songstress. I've always loved music, but I do have a very different taste in music. And they do not really satisfy my cravings for love, sometimes.So I searched over the internet for some love songs that would somehow express what love is. And I found quite a few, and made a list.

Since love is universal, I also included songs that speak of the other languages of love, of other sources for love and whatever love can be.

Here's a sneak peak of what I have. This is my fix for my love cravings.

I gotta say that I am in love with Elle Goulding right now. She just got that distinct vocals and it isn't hard to recognize her style. Adele too, her voice is one that I won't fail to recognize. Both these artists have very impressive vocals,at different levels and I love their songs.

How Long Will I Love You? -Elle Goulding


"...How long will I love you
As long as stars are above you
And longer if I can
How long will I need you
As long as the seasons need to
Follow their plan

How long will I be with you
As long as the sea is bound to
Wash up on the sand..."


Love Me Like You Do- Elle Goulding



"...You're the feel, I don't care
Cause I've never been so high
Follow me to the dark
Let me take you past our satellites
You can see the world you brought to life, to life


So love me like you do, love me like you do

Love me like you do, love me like you do
Touch me like you do, touch me like you do
What are you waiting for?.."


Make You Feel My Love- Adele



"...I could make you happy, make your dreams come true

Nothing that I wouldn't do

Go to the ends of the Earth for you
To make you feel my love..." 
(okay this is somewhat pathetic already)


How Long You've Been Waiting- Love Revolution

This is a song about a different kind of love, true love from the real source of love. This is a song from the 70's , an Original Pilipino Music (OPM) performed by a Fil-Am singer Love Revolution. The music and lyrics is so simple but it speaks too much about love and the source of love.


"...How long you've been waiting 
for somebody to love you?
How long you've been waiting 
for somebody to care?.."


Check out the playlist Songs for the Rehabilitating Love Addict.

Love is not easy to find and that is why some people hold on to it for fear that they might not find love again. But not me, this time, I need to be rehabilitated first from my bad love habits.

For the most part, when I miss the feeling of love and being in love, I listen to music. It is also therapy for the soul. Or, I go out and get a massage. :) Gives you the same feelings anyway.

So dear love addicts, too much of anything is dangerous. Take everything in moderation.

Keep the faith,

Mei

0 comments

Articles Featured on

Articles Featured on

Ads