Day 2: I Love Me

One of the first steps to loving ourselves is to do the things that makes you feel good,pampered, relaxed and beautiful. And so as a part of the declaration I made about spending a “me time” weekly, I went to do the things that made me feel good.

 

Nothing else can make me feel better than a good chow.  When I feel down and unsure of myself, I divert my attention to eating. I guess I can be called an emotional eater. For me, nothing beats a bowl of comforting noodles or hot soup. I decided to go for something hot, even though the temperature outside was above 30 degrees.

 

I love hotpot! It reminded me of my food trips in Taiwan, where me and other Pinoy friends would sneak in a packet of Mama Sita or Knorr’s Sinigang Mix which we will use as a soup base for hotpot, and finish all the shrimp that we can and make our own Sinigang na sugpo, in a Taiwanese Shabu-Shabu restaurant.

 

Anyway, glad that Tacloban City now has one affordable hotpot, Huhko Express. My sister introduced the place to me by sending the link while we were contemplating on where to go one Sunday afternoon. We ended up in another restaurant.

 

So, I took the opportunity to try out the place. Good thing there weren’t so many customers at the time, around 2pm. I wanted to try all but I can’t because I was sweating like crazy. I didn’t really mind the heat outside and continued savouring the soup.

 


 

https://vt.tiktok.com/ZS8kpSEHq/

 

Mani-Pedi and Accessories

 

After almost five years, I decided to put on polish on my fingernails. I usually sport short nails because I have babies and I don’t want to hurt them when rubbing their cute butts during diaper change.  Also, I find it always refreshing to have old polish removed on my toes. It actually feels lighter. A manicure and a pedicure are things that I cannot live without.

Shopping is another feel-good thing which we women will never get tired of.  No matter how much the amount of our purchase is, the more important factor is that we are happy with our loot. I just have to go the Blogger’s Bazaar, hosted by two fashion bloggers that I follow and are my favorites, An Apple A day by Apple Anido Alagon and Tastes Like Coke by Cocaine Young-Go.

 

 

Being a bazaar lover and one-time bazaar seller, I really could not really be stopped from going there. I finally got to meet them both in person and made a few chitchats.  I was able to buy something I liked, of course I can’t really wear most of their stuff, as I do not still have the confidence and guts to wear them, so I stick to a blouse and a bracelet. All in all, I was happy with my purchase, but would have loved to have more. Unfortunately, we had a bad power interruption, which caused the atms to go offline. I literally went to all banks and atm kiosks only to find out it was also offline.

appleandme 

But then, I am thankful for this because otherwise I would have overspend and might go back to being a shopaholic which I successfully curbed for quite some time now.

 

Karaoke

 

I love to sing. I still do. I just don’t have the time anymore to practice or just loosen up those vocal chords. My voice had changed since I gave birth, one tone lower. And sometimes I could not hit the notes I usually do with ease because I used to smoke. Smoke can really make your voice raspier. But then, at any given day, I would give in to belting out those pent up emotions through songs.

 

Last night, I gave in to a mini reunion and post birthday celebration of a former classmate who came from the US. I was hesitant at first but then I thought, what the heck, might as well have a good time. And a good time I did had!

 

Maybe, these are things that others normally do, but for me, this is one of those rare moments when I get to spend something on me, without guilt. And so I am happy that finally, I was able to spend moments like this on my own, doing things that I love to do.

 

Of course, these are not the only things that I love doing, but at this point in my life, these are the things that I seldom have the luxury of time to do. I now decide to find time to do things that I love to do, as a part of taking care of myself.

 

How do you spend your “me-time”?

 

This post was originally published in A Day in the Life of Anne on August 1, 2013

Some of the photos are new because most of the images have been removed from the site. 

 

0 comments

Articles Featured on

Articles Featured on

Ads