Cupid, Hit Me One More Time


Photo source: mobileapples.com

I'm no Aileen Santos, I'm no relationship expert, and I don't claim to be one. I admit that, after two failed relationships, I really don't know how to start going out and seeing men again, on a different level. The kind of level that don't belong to these categories : colleague, former classmates and childhood friends. The kind of level that would send your insides turning, butterflies in your stomach that makes you feel alive once again. Definitely not with the two former relationships I had, the thought of it makes me shiver. The way I feel for them is like the way I feel for my brothers. I remember someone once told me that the difference between how you would feel for your brother and how you would feel for your husband or partner for that matter , is the "malice or lust" between the two of you. When this "malice or lust" fades off, then the relationship starts to die and the way you'd feel for them is similar to how you'd feel for a sibling.

Last night, the whole family went out with my sister and her new beau. I am shocked at how fast she was able to move on. She's been single for about 5 months or so, and look, she's in a new relationship now. I've been single for what, two years. Good thing though that her kids seem to like the guy. He is a great guy, by the way. But, I'm not into competing with anyone. Well, there were a couple of times that I saw someone with "lustful" intentions, but I think I am more matured right now to be thinking about someone with hidden desires ALL THE TIME. LOL!

I've been thinking about stepping out into the dating scene again, but I am still having some apprehensions on how my kids would feel about that. They are young, and I am not so sure how they would react if I ended up introducing a new man into their lives again. I enjoy being single and love every single moment of it. But there are moments when I start to feel a different kind of loneliness that somehow even prayers cannot ease. (sorry, God) After all, I'm just human. I am a complete woman with or without a man in my life, but sometimes just when you think you're okay, a situation comes up when you'd wish you have someone to take care of you. It's like an itch that you want to scratch but you don't know where itch is coming from. Annoying, right? :)

But, there's a special assignment that I need to do that makes me feel like I'm shooting for the moon. I have to write an article for a site that's launching soon. It's really not difficult to write an article, the hard part is to make your article believable. So, whether I like it or not, I have to step into my dating shoes once more to make my articles believable. If cupid won't miss this time, then I just might bag myself the biggest reward, the man below. :)

John Cusack



After an hour of deliberation, finally I got the idea of how I would start my journey into the world of dating AGAIN. I think it won't do any harm, I signed up for Tablefly.com.It's a website that will match you with a dining companion according to your preferences. I don't really know how much it's going to make a change in my life, but I think it is a believable site. Dinner dates are safe for first dates, it has been tried and proven. I love good food, good conversation, so, what do I have to lose?

The website is in it's initial phase and they are looking for sign-ups before the big launch. I personally signed up because I find it interesting. So, if you're feeling adventurous,like me,  you can start your dating escapades by signing up. Who knows we might just end up with "the one". Oh cupid, please don't miss this time!


Check out their introductory video below.


♥♥
Related Articles:

How to Survive A Blind Date
Learn how to get the man of your dreams.

0 comments

Articles Featured on

Articles Featured on

Ads