To Dream New Dreams

It's always been a habit of mine to regularly assess my life and compare it with the kind of life I had years ago. In short, daydreaming. :) I would always try to check which of my heart's desires have been fulfilled and which I still need to exert more effort to be able to achieve it.

As I've said in my blog post for New Year, I am not a fan of writing down goals and to religiously follow them by the book. I am more of a spontaneous person, but I still have some sort of a guide which I try to visit once in a while, the dreams I have planted in my heart and in my mind.

When I started attending the Feast, (the weekly celebration of the Light of Jesus which I will celebrate my first year anniversary of my Jesus Encounter on June 9. This marks my rebirth, the immersion into a life in the spirit and officially receiving my gifts) I was forced to write down my dreams. In the Feast, one of the first things we were taught, was to write down 7 dreams on our Novena to God's Love. It should be detailed and very clear.


I learned that if I want something and pray for it, it's not enough to just want it. I need to be very specific with every detail. So, if I want a husband, it isn't enough to just write that I want a husband. I need to write down the characteristics of my future husband.

And the best part of it is that the whole spiritual community will pray for it every celebration of the Feast. I have to pray for it and ask God to bless me with it in accordance to His will.

Looking back, and rereading my Novena to God's love written two years ago, I can say that majority of it has came true. I got custody of my children, which was the biggest dream I had before because I was in the midst of a custody battle.This was dream #1.



Not all of what I've written there came true, but almost. I don't take it against Him because I know that He has greater plans for me, bigger than what I have written in that novena. What's surprising though, is to know that God does not disappoint. He may not have given me everything I asked for but, almost. I keep saying almost because God did gave everything I asked for, only if you see things from a different perspective.

For dream #5, I wrote that I wanted a red Chevrolet Cruze. Guess, what. A week after, I ate with my friend in a food joint in SM Makati and after I paid the cashier, I was given a raffle stub. Lo and behold! The first prize for the winning ticket was a red Chevy Spark.




For Dream #5 I wrote down a 3-story 4-bedroom house in an exclusive subdivision in Cavite. True enough, 2 or 3 weeks after, I received an email from someone I don't know with a brochure attached of houses for sale.

Don't you just love the Guy's sense of humor ? I said, "God, are you kidding me?" :). That or He got confused because I wasn't so specific.Check out what I wrote, I said Chevrolet Cruze , red, latest model. What do I really want, the Cruze or the latest model? So there.

Looking back, I realized that I was indeed granted my dreams. Just not in the kind of packaging that I was expecting it delivered to me. I asked for a car, I was given a car. Only, I have to wait for the raffle draw. I didn't even knew who won that car. I said I wanted a house, I was given a house, but then, I have to purchase it first.

That's when  I realized that if we want something, we have to work for it. The blessings that come pouring on us now are actually the reward of years of hard work and perseverance. God doesn't throw blessings literally falling from the sky, that would be too easy for everybody. But God rewards those who deserves it. In His own time.

And so now, since majority of my dreams have already been met by my Creator, it is time to write and pray for new dreams.

Oops, looks like my  daughter beat me to it! I don't know what she mean by it though.


With or without a Novena to God's love, you can also start writing down your dreams. Start with 7 or even something smaller so you can monitor it if it really was granted. Sometimes we wished for so much that we lost track of it. And then we blame the big Guy for not granting us our dreams.

Remember to be very visual about it. While you are writing it, you have to start to feel it, smell it, taste it and actually have the feeling of already having it. And most importantly, pray for it. 

On a different note, if you have read the book "The Secret", you will learn about the "Law of Attraction" or "like attracts like" meaning, what you think all the time is bound to happen. So I encourage you to think positive all the time, because whatever you think of all the time will eventually manifest in your life.

If you are at a loss of what to say in your prayer, you can start by getting inspiration from this passage:

"Until now, you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you shall receive, that your joy may be full."
(John 16:24)

I'll be posting my new set of dreams soon..












0 comments

Articles Featured on

Articles Featured on

Ads