Carrie, Oh Carrie !

I had the opportunity to watch SATC 2 on tv and I realized how much I missed the characters. My favorite character of course is Carrie, but I find Samantha's sex life juicier. 

I remember a friend of mine got so obsessed and related so much to the movie that she even bought the book by Suzanne Sommers. We even thought of going into business manufacturing yam lotion to help menopausal women combat skin dryness. Paper works were underway. Good thing we woke up from that dream!

Anyway, I have published this post about a year ago in another blog that I own but because of the fewer following it had, i decided to repost this. I hope you enjoy this as much I still enjoy rereading this over and over again.






What woman would not know Carrie Bradshaw?

Carried Bradshaw is a character created by Candace Bushnell and brought to life in television and movies by Sarah Jessica Parker. I can't imagine any other actress playing the role of Carrie. And what I love more about SATC are the witty lines and dialogues which can only come from Candace Bushnell. The credit of these quotes really goes to her, but it is immortalized in the minds of the women who adored and followed the show as Carrie's.

SATC has had so much influence on us women. It introduced me to Manolo Blahnik and Christian Louboutin. It's where I learned 3 important Italian words, Dolce, Dolce, Dolce. We laughed at the witty remarks and we cried with the women as they go on the journey to searching and finding love.

Here, I picked out 20 Carrie Bradshaw quotes and check it out if you can relate to it.

Read on.

1. I’m looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can’t-live-without-each-other love.'

2.We had such a fantastic connection, then he leaves me money. I don't understand. What exactly about me screams "whore"?'

3. I got to thinking about relationships and partial lobotomies: two seemingly different ideas that might just be perfect together—like chocolate and peanut butter.

Photo: sugar.com

4.  Maybe our mistakes are what make our fate. Without them, what would shape our lives? Perhaps if we never veered off course, we wouldn’t fall in love, or have babies, or be who we are. After all, seasons change. So do cities. People come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away.

5.  'I will never be the woman with the perfect hair, who can wear white and not spill on it.

Photo: dirtyandthirty.com

6. I've done the merry go round I've been through the revolving door I feel like I met somebody I can stand still with for a minute and... don't you wanna stand still with me?'

7. Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now it means you’re pretty sexy and you’re taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.'

Photo: sheknows.com
8. Think about it. If you are single, after graduation there isn’t one occasion where people celebrate you. … Hallmark doesn’t make a “congratulations, you didn’t marry the wrong guy” card. And where’s the flatware for going on vacation alone?

9. “It’s like the riddle of the Sphinx… why are there so many great unmarried women, and no great unmarried men?”

Photo: marieclaire.co.uk

10. 'I used to think those people who sat alone at Starbucks writing on their laptops were pretentious posers. Now I know: They are people who have recently moved in with someone.'

11.  'They say nothing lasts forever; dreams change, trends come and go, but friendships never go out of style.'

Photo: marieclaire.co.uk

12.  It’s really hard to walk in a single woman’s shoes — that’s why you sometimes need really special shoes!

13.Beauty is fleeting, but a rent-controlled apartment overlooking the park is forever.'

14. 'There comes a point in every relationship when romance gives way to reality.'


Photo: fabsugar.com

15. “What if Prince Charming had never showed up? Would Snow White have slept in that glass coffin forever? Or would she have eventually woke up, spit out the apple, gotten a job, a health-care package and a baby from her local neighborhood sperm bank? I couldn’t help but wonder… inside every confident, driven, single woman, is there a delicate, fragile princess just waiting to be saved?”

16. “Don’t forget to fall in love with yourself first.”

17.“Maybe some women aren’t meant to be tamed. Maybe they need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with them.”

Photo: marieclaire.co.uk

18. “Later that day I got to thinking about relationships. There are those that open you up to something new and exotic, those that are old and familiar, those that bring up lots of questions, those that bring you somewhere unexpected, those that bring you far from where you started, and those that bring you back. But the most exciting, challenging and significant relationship is the one you have with yourself. And if you can find someone to love the you you love, well that’s just fabulous.”

19. “Sometimes you gotta quit thinking so much. If it feels right, it probably is. So just go with it.”

Photo: marieclaire.co.uk

20. “When it comes to relationships, maybe we’re all in glass houses, and shouldn’t throw stones. Because you can never really know. Some people are settling down, some are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies.”

And here's a bonus:

“Maybe all men are a drug. Sometimes they bring you down and sometimes, like now, they get you so high.”


Keep the faith,



0 comments

Articles Featured on

Articles Featured on

Ads