Change: An Antidote to Boredom

Photo: quotationaboutlife.com


And so the week had been a kaleidoscope of emotions. I got happy, sad, mad, bad, good and then I started to be an annoying person. Most of all, I started to be out of focus. I don't know what's happening, it's like life is spinning so fast, and I can't catch up. Maybe it's hormones, or a sign of ageing. I don't mind ageing as long as I don't become senile.

I needed a distraction, something to divert my attention away from work. I need to perk myself up. I am starting to become a big bore! I want change. A drastic change! Maybe a new relationship? Hopefully, but I'm almost glad it's not this soon.If it's something like getting a stone and hitting my head with it, then I'd rather be single and miserable. A little bit of misery can be good. It brings out a sensitive part of yourself.

Just like what I am doing now, I am still in the middle of a task that has me working with half-closed eyes. Not because I am sleepy but because I am starting to feel boredom of doing a repetitive task. I never thought someone would be so disinterested in fashion as I am. Okay, that was a lie. After all, I am a woman, and women are supposed to love fashion.

I do love fashion, but my love affair with it is seasonal. And it doesn't include a tedious task of poring over thousands of photos of beautiful designer items that I can't afford to buy. Not in this lifetime. Maybe next life I'd be a shiek's daughter, or an heiress. Bummer! I'd have to die first before I get to wear an authentic Balenciaga dress?

And just in case the people I work for read about this, (the internet is powerful, it's like God, it knows everything and has a way of telling people about other people's lives...shhh..), thank you for giving me the opportunity to work on something that I have not even dreamed of doing. :) It has me going out of my comfort zone. Fashion is one place where I do not feel so sure about myself. And the reason why we fear change is because of unfamiliarity and feeling uncomfortable.





But I always welcome change. I have accepted the fact that it is the only thing that's constant. I am embracing this new opportunity to learn something that's out of my league. It should bring me newer perspective and maybe a different shift for the future. And so change, I welcome you to my life now.

And what better way to create change in your life but by starting it with the way you look? My looks is as boring as my life. I used to be a risk-taker, but then when motherhood hits you, you start thinking not just twice but a lot of times before you kick yourself in to making big changes.You don't decide for yourself alone, but for the other people who depends on you. I can do that, but that would be selfish of me if I'd always think for myself all the time.

I wanted to change my looks, like having a make-over. But I can't do it without having to see how I'd look like first. In high school, I changed my looks very often. One moment I had my hair in electric curls and then four months after, I got a pixie-cut. I can't do that anymore. So I went to a website called Taaz to see and try for myself different hairstyles and make-up (I don't wear make-up daily, only on special occasions). And I am very happy with what I saw.

I am posting it here, so everyone reading can have a laugh and judge which hairstyle and look is good for me. Now all I need is the guts to go for it.

       



I look like a high school girl here







Not the big hair thing!!



Yes, you can even put on some Ray-bans


This is by far my favorite. I'm thinking about having a go at this! Motivate me!


This is the original photo that I uploaded and edited to get my different looks.
That's plain, boring me.

Look what modern technology can do. 

Note to everybody: Not everything you see on the web is true. Don't be fooled by every beautiful woman or handsome man you see on the internet. And if you are looking for online love, let your heart be your guide. 

And if you want more of these online virtual make-over sites here's what's Oprah.com has come up with.


Last words, it may be the right look for you, says some of these websites, but if it doesn't make you feel comfortable, then you shouldn't go for it. At the end of the day, beauty still follow after confidence.

Keep the faith,

Mei

0 comments

Articles Featured on

Articles Featured on

Ads