‘Tis the Season for a Make-over


If you’ve been reading my blogs since the start, you’d notice that during the holidays, I would have a post about a make-over, and the things that I would like to achieve for the next year.(That would be my New Year’s post).

So, here in my place, the looong holiday starts in two days, and I already have made plans on the kind of make-over that I wanted to do. You can also use this as a guide in doing your own make-overs.


Clean out your closet.

Photo:funny-pictures.picphotos.net

The past year has got me accumulate a lot of things including clothes mostly donated by my closest friends. I have not really purchased something that I am wearing this 2014. I am blessed to have friends who helped me in this area by buying or giving me most of my wardrobe. Typhoon Yolanda or Haiyan has done so much to change my way of life, including my wardrobe. One of the makeovers I would do is to weed out the stuff that I won't be wearing anymore and I think I can afford to buy new ones to fill my closet, although not all at once. 

Clean out your friend list.

Photo: pixabay.con

I am starting with my personal social media accounts. Yes, I am over that phase that I have to respond to every friend or follow request. There are a lot to consider now, online safety for one. I am rarely on Facebook, it has become so emotionally tiring and brings out a lot of negativity in my life. I’ve learned so much in the past year about protecting our identities online. (Check out your phone contacts. If you are using an iPhone and is synced with FB messenger, chances are you can see all your friends data in your contacts, which includes phone numbers that some of them may not be too willing to share, even to you.)

In the real world, your friend list also needs a make-over. Have you wondered why you seldom get to meet wonderful guys when you're with your "nega friends"? It's because you get to absorb and imbibe the negative energy that they exude.You need some people who can bring positive changes into your life. If getting rid of those negative people in your life is inevitable, at least you should try spending time lesser with them. 

 Assess your career.



Are you happy with your current state at work? Are you satisfied with your pay? Do you think it matches your skills? Be honest about this and start planning on how you can achieve your career goals. Maybe you have wanted to start your own business. What has been stopping you? Now is the time to overcome and conquer those fears and hesitations. A business or an online job may just be the one that can give you the financial freedom you need.

Dig deep into your soul.

Photo: Pixabay.com


Our spiritual life ,more than anything else, also needs regular assessment and make-over. Look into the areas where you feel you are feeling empty. Why do you feel that way? How can you fill that void that is crippling you? A tip: When you feel empty, do things that help others. You have to empty something to fill it up. Volunteerism can go a long way. Or maybe praying more often will help lighten your load.

 Have an exciting social life.

Photo: en.wikipedia.org

If your social life has been as dormant as the rug in your front door, (this might need a little make-over too), then it’s time that you start going out more. And you wonder why you could not find a date. If you are a bit shy of going out alone and painting the town red, ask your dearest friends to accompany you. Not only you get moral support, but you also get tips to being a party animal from your expert friends .

Finally, this is just something to guide you make those necessary make-over you need in your life. There maybe other things that makes you unhappy or unfulfilled. The best thing is that, for now, you have started somewhere on your way to a new you. 

I wish you all the best this Christmas and always! Merry Christmas!

Cheers!

Just keep the faith,

Mei



0 comments

Articles Featured on

Articles Featured on

Ads