Playlist of Resolutions for the Coming Year

I am back! And just in time for my annual post.

Pixabay.com


I missed blogging here so much that I promise to that I would blog more than I used to blog before. Since I will be turning another decade in my life, such a fantastic moment for me, I am anticipating it to be the best years of my life, I have decided to blog more about self-improvement and empowerment, experiences that were so profound in my life and that made me who I am now.

Life begins at 40, and I am ready to face the world with a better perspective, a happier heart and with a clearer vision of what I want for the future. I don't like making resolutions for the new year, but I make lists. Looking back to my previous list, I can say that I was able to do almost more than fifty percent of what I wanted to do. This time, my list would be more detailed, more attainable and practical. So here goes..

For 2016, these are what I would like to do . Just for fun, I would like to think of a song that would serve as an inspiration for that particular thing I want to do. (The songs in this list may be old and does not necessarily mean I love them, it just gives a meaning or a connection to the resolution I have for the coming year.It could even just be because of the title. )

1. Be Careful with My Heart (Jose Mari Chan & Regine Velasquez)


Pixabay.com


"If you love me like you tell me, please be careful with my heart. You can take it, just don't break it, or my world will fall apart."

Being careful with my heart means that I should be careful to whom it should beat for again. I know I may not be able to control it, but I will try to let my head rule. I have been single for the past 4 years and I am enjoying singleness a lot. But because I am only a woman who can sometimes feel so helpless and vulnerable, I still need someone to protect me. I nearly fall for the wrong person again. Thank God my logic still ruled over my heart. I cannot afford to make the same mistakes all over again.

Yes, I also know I need to exercise more. Ageing also means that my body is slowing down. The endurance that I used to have is now starting to lower. I feel tired easily and short of breath. So, running or Zumba would be perfect for me.


2. I Would Do Anything for Love (Meatloaf)



This is an old photo, i need to update this.


" And I would do anything for love, I'd run right into hell and back."

We fight for the people we love, no doubt about that. I have been through hell and back trying to do this. But it should always be for the right persons. And for the right reasons. Children always comes first. And I don't regret and will never regret doing the things I did for them. Maybe some day, I can also do this for that very special man.

3. Happy (Pharell Williams)




"Because I'm happy, clap along if you feel like a room without a roof.
Because I'm happy, clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth.
Because I'm happy, clap along if you know what happiness is to you."

Life is full of ups and downs and there will be times that it would be very difficult and trying, but I will see to it and try my very best to always choose to be happy. I will always choose to do what I think will make me happy and will not be shaken by other people's opinion of what I do. I alone am responsible for my happiness. My children's happiness will always, always lead me to my own happiness too.

Being happy also means being childlike! I want to connect with my inner child again.

4. I Have a Dream (Westlife)


"I have a dream, a fantasy, To help me through reality
And my destination makes it worth the while,Pushing through the darkness still another mileI believe in angels, Something good in everything I seeI believe in angels,When I know the time is right for meI'll cross the stream, I have a dream"

We all have dreams and when we stop dreaming, that's when we start dying. I have dreams that I would like to continue working on this year and I am hoping to get better results and push forward more to achieving it.


5. Freedom (George Michael)


Pixabay.com


"Freedom, freedom, freedom
You've gotta give for what you take
Yeah you've gotta do what you do, what you do
May not be what you want from me
Just the way it's got to be"

Yes! Who would not want to be free? I am a free spirit. I love my freedom and this year I would like to enjoy it more , travel more, read more and do things I love more! My kids are bigger now and they are starting to pursue their own interests, so that is just a big weight lifted off from me. I love being a mom and I have put on hold things I love to do for my kids sake. But now that they are older, I can start pursuing my own happiness and passion too. I am ever thankful to be working in companies that gives me the freedom I need. I would not want to make the same mistake of tying myself down to a desk job again. Life is too short to waste it inside a cubicle, when you can earn and enjoy life outside of a regular office at the same time!


6. Leaving on a Jetplane (John Denver)


Join Us


"All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go..."

This is one thing on my list for the past two years which I haven't been able to do. I want to travel a lot this time, either domestically or internationally. This actually was one of the very first reasons why I chose to work online as a virtual assistant, so I can work anywhere, anytime . So, now, I am planning for my trips.

7. Love Me Like You Do (Ellie Goulding)


"Yeah, I'll let you set the pace,Cause I'm not thinking straight
My head spinning around I can't see clear no more
What are you waiting for?
Love me like you do, love me like you do
Touch me like you do, touch me like you do
What are you waiting for?"


This has been a big problem for me for the past decade. I realized that I am not receptive to love. I do not know how to accept or receive love from other people, most especially if it is not in the same way I show love. I have this idea in my mind how I wanted to be loved, and that sometimes is causing much pressure on the man i am having a relationship with. This year, I will try to allow love to come to me, to allow people to love me, in the way that they are capable of loving.  I am worthy of being loved. I am worthy of receiving the love that I so deserve from that one man.

8. Roar (Katy Perry)


Pixabay.com

"I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter
Dancing through the fire
'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
'Cause I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar! "


Yes, you read it right! I am gonna roar this year, loud and clear! I am unstoppable! I am determined to succeed this coming year. I claim that 2016 is the year when all my dreams come true!

Now that I have mine listed, what's yours?


xoxo,

Marianne


0 comments

Articles Featured on

Articles Featured on

Ads